Sunday 30 May 2010

Super easy packages and lavender bags

A few people have commented on the little bags I package my stuff up in ~ the terribly posh greaseproof paper bags! I thought I would give them a little post of their own.

This came about as I had to package some bits up and had no tissue paper in the house (this is my default packaging method, tissue paper then wrapping paper).
I guess necessity is the mother of invention. Hunting through the cupboard for some inspiration I found the greaseproof paper and thought I would give that a go.
It is super easy to cut and sew on the machine and you can add ribbons or a tag with your name on, and as it is a little transparent you can see what you have packaged up.


For some of the recent fabric stuff I have made and given away I have added a little lavender bag inside made up with the greaseproof paper, here is a little pile of them I made up yesterday.

I have just started to sell some of my old (read new with labels on, seemed like a good idea in the shop!) clothes on ebay so I packaged them up with a little lavender bags too.

You could do the same with any paper I guess, I have some nice wallpaper at home that would probably make a lovely package and looks a bit more special if it is sewn shut rather that just stuck with sticky tape. Of course this is only really worth doing if you have the sewing machine out already otherwise it will become a bit of a faff!

One of my favourite bits about these packages is that you sometimes get to see the recipients face wondering how to get into it without ruining the pretty packaging ~ you can’t ~ you have to rip it open and that satisfies my evil streak!

*Insert evil laugh*

Back Soon ♥

13 comments:

imperfectly natural mama said...

These littel bags are such a good idea. I sell confetti on etsy made from vintage music sheet and have been looking for something to put them in, this sort of thing would be perfect thanks for sharing.

Vicki said...

These are great, you are so creative.
You will be pleased to know that I have finished cutting out the bunting so I will pop the promised bits in the post on Tuesday.
Vicki xxx

Nicky Stevenson said...

I liked the 'evil' bit at the end! You are funny. Great idea, they look good too. qwiksave xx

jane p said...

I don't know why but I imagined your evil laugh to be that of a man!

Unknown said...

What a fab idea :)

Kandi said...

Thanks guys - my evil laugh is a mans laugh lol
Thanks for the bits Vicki can't wait to get em.
Kandi x

Amanda Makes said...

What a good idea! I like the thought of putting them in your ebay parcels! Love, amanda xxx

Pootle said...

You are so talented Kandi!! These are lovely.

-Pootle Flump x

m said...

they are so pretty. Love them. Last year I made some gorgeous gift bags for christmas which were similar but I used wallpaper with ribbons for handles. Lovely blog too, so glad I stumbled across it. Michelle x

dizzytina said...

ohhhh i love this idea Kandi. I have just made a purse for my friend so guess what i will be wrapping it in!!!. Evil laugh tickled me and made me think of Austin Powers x x

Kandi said...

Tina that's it - think Dr Evil, but with hair :)
Kandi x

Crafty JuJu said...

This makes great packaging :) I loved the way you packaged the prize you sent me, I wore them all this weekend when hubby took me out for birthday treat chinese meal (pici here http://www.facebook.com/CraftyJuJuDesigns#!/photo.php?pid=4375766&id=605773302) Thankyou again, they are gorgeous xx

barbadosholidays4u said...

hi Kandi
its almond from mse hope it ok to follow you and wondered were do you get your lavender from?
bye
sandra