Friday 14 May 2010

A Quick Recycle

I bought this lovely scarf from a charity shop a while back:
I don’t wear scarves as such but it was so pretty I just had to have it. I did try it on lots of different ways, but every way I wore it I felt like a pensioner or an air hostess!

I decided that I would change it into something more wearable so I changed it into a rosette brooch.
I ironed it in half lengthwise, then folded each free edge back over and did a rosette type twist in the middle then just did a running stitch along the remainder of the scarf with strong cotton. Gathering as I went I secured it every now and then with a few stitches to the back. I finished it off with a little felt circle and a brooch back from my jewellery stash and then fluffed it up a bit.
I considered adding ribbons and lace to the back to hang from it but it was too much, due to its size I think I will leave it at this.

Voila a bright and breezy rosette to cheer up a black outfit (which is what I mainly wear, by some fluke I was in bright red that day!).


p.s. What do you think of my new header? That's my lovely Mum in a teeny weeny black polka dot mini back in 1969!

Back Soon

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The brooch is so clever. I love your new header. Have been meaning to change mine for ages....xx

Alex said...

Oh that's beautiful! It would look fab on a headband as well.

Your mum is a stunner! Love the new header.

Unknown said...

That is really cool, what a fab idea! Header looks great too

Crafty JuJu said...

That is gorgeous :D What a great way to recycle, love it x

Amanda Makes said...

Lovely brooch and your new header is fab! Isn't your Mum gorgeous! It must have been such fun to be a young woman in the sixties! I'm posting my giveaway finally tonight so pop over to sign up. Much love, Amanda xxx

Jackie said...

Wow - how clever! I love seeing what you are going to come up with next!! Love the pic of your mum too! Have a lovely weekend x

Vix said...

You clever girl, Kandi!
What a great idea...I feel a crafty saturday afternoon coming on....
Vix
xxx

daisychain said...

What a great idea, I have a ton of scarves I never wear!

Karen said...

Oh How chic!! What a beautiful way to recycle. Your new header is fab too x