Saturday 1 May 2010

Little Shopping Triumphs and Little Disasters..

Friday lunchtime I popped out to a craft shop about 20 mins from where I work (Dainty Supplies, Washington, Tyne & Wear). I needed a couple of zips and ended up coming out with a little stash!
I just had a little luck at the fabric and came away with a few fat quarters to add to my pile. Once home I spent an hour sorting through my fabrics and ribbons as it was becoming a real mess, I knew there was stuff I had bought but I couldn’t find it so it was time for a proper tidy up. Nothing constructive came of it other than seeing fabrics that I had not seen for ages which gave me a few ideas.

Today I set to making more makeup bags with my spotty fabric:

After this I did a couple of hearts from my scraps bag, using the template from the Tilda book and this is my first official sewing disaster, I am prepared to take the shame though; look at the state of this!!

I stuffed it with stuffing and lavender though so at least it smells nice, I think I'll stuff it away in the back of one of my drawers as a scented drawer pad - note to self must try harder!

Back Soon

7 comments:

giddynici said...

Lovely little heart! x

Vicki said...

I love your bags so much. The heart is still very sweet, better luck with the next one.
Vicki xxx

PepPop said...

Lovely makes Kandi. Love your make up bags and I think the heart is lovely. Jaqui x

Vix said...

So pretty, Kandi! Love the make-up bags and that little heart is rather cute.
Vix
xxx

daisychain said...

I love the makeup bags!

Unknown said...

Kandi ,love the bags and heart is really sweet.
Ur sewing is fab I wish I could make bags like that... I`d be sorted for gifts for people!

Poppy x

Angie - Bumble Bee's Craft Den said...

I love the bags you are making. That Union Jack button is fab!