Friday 19 October 2012

Remembrance Poppy Brooch ~ Charity Appeal

Every year at the eleventh hour on the eleventh day of the eleventh month we remember the end of the First World War and all who gave their lives then and since.



This year I have made crochet poppies to raise funds for the Royal British Legion remembrance poppy appeal (Poppy Day or Armistice Day) a cause close to my heart.  
The full cost (including postage) will be donated to the Royal British Legion. The materials, my time, packaging and postage costs will be my contribution.
Each brooch measures approx 75mm and is finished with a black button and a 30mm brooch bar pin.
(The pattern used is copyright of http://www.wendy-poole.co.uk/page1.php Fundraiser Poppy)
If you would like to buy a poppy and support a fabulous cause, please pop over to my folksy shop to snaffle one up!  The poppies cost £4.50 with £1.50 postage (I have resurrected my Folksy shop for a limited time only).

THE EXHORTATION

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
When you go home tell them of us and say -For your tomorrow we gave our today


~ ♥ LEST WE FORGET ♥ ~

11 comments:

Beki said...

These are beautiful and for such a good cause too, I have a friend doing the same but with felt poppies.

Beki xxx

Bea said...

These are beautiful, and what a lovely way to raise funds for such a good cause. I am buying one right away! Will look fab on my navy blue choir robe for the remembrance service. Thank you x

Anonymous said...

They are lovely Lisa, I've just bought one!

Celtic Thistle said...

These are lovely, hope you raise lots of money for an excellent cause.

Amanda said...

Your poppies are lovely and I hope you raise lots of money.

Josie-Mary said...

I did this last year with my craft group, we raised £1,800!!! It all went to a local man who had lost both legs :( My friend is running it this year as it was so much work! Good luck, hope you sell lots x

Irene said...

Just beautiful and a brilliant way to raise funds for such a good cause.
luv
irene
xxxx

Maura said...

I have just ordered one, they look beautiful, I hope you raise lots of money for such a good cause, we must never forget.

Maura

Unknown said...

I have just bought 5 of these wonderful poppies! You are such a kind and generous woman and I admire you so much. Thank you for my fabulous card, it really cheered me up.

And thank you so much for all the support with the Monthly Makes, I could not have continued without you. Your ceaseless support has gratefully received xx Thank you my darling friend xx

Unknown said...

I have just bought 5 of these wonderful poppies! You are such a kind and generous woman and I admire you so much. Thank you for my fabulous card, it really cheered me up.

And thank you so much for all the support with the Monthly Makes, I could not have continued without you. Your ceaseless support has gratefully received xx Thank you my darling friend xx

Sparkly-Fabtastic said...

Hi

I would love to buy one of your gorgeous poppies but your folksy shop is saying they are sold out :-( will you have any more for sale please? I do hope so...

Thanks
Kellis