Thursday 15 December 2011

Christmas Makes and More Advent Swap Delights

December is difficult for showing makes as they are all for other people.  As I have started to hand out bits and bobs I can show these little makes.  I have made a few handmade Christmas Decorations to send out to a few friends and this is what I have been busy with handmade from our lovely Annie's felt;


I bought this pattern from Rosie Little Things after being introduced to her stuff by our Lynda

my attempt

 More felty makes stuffed with lavender


 Some cross stitch Christmas Cards



I made these next ones all for me!  Dried orange slices spiced with nutmeg cinnamon and studded with cloves.  


I dried these out over a couple of weeks on the radiator as I'm too tight to put the oven on for hours on a low heat!
I've popped some over my fireplace and when the fire is lit a lovely smell fills the room.

 Oooh almost forgot today's advent gift from Lynda a lovely East of India Picture which I just adore, I have a thing for Angels!


Thanks again my lovely!

Right, that's me for today don't forget tomorrow I'm drawing a winner for my little giveaway, there is still time to get your name in the hat.


~ ♥ Back Soon ♥ ~ 

19 comments:

B.................. said...

You did make me laugh, too tight to put the oven on, bet your house smelt lovely with the orange slices on the radiators.

B xxx

Bethany said...

Ooooooooo I love the coat ornament! I'm off to check out that pattern!

Unknown said...

When I saw the red felt coat I was amazed!
Lovely cross stitch and the orange slices with cinnamon and cloves look fab.
I dried orange slices in the oven for hours then got annoyed and threw them all out as some had bent a bit.... wish I hadn`t now!
Dx

carole johnston said...

Everything looks just wonderful,the little red coat is just beautiful,you should be very proud of yourself.

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Oh gosh, Lisa, you have been busy. Love the orange slices. I put some in the oven last year (twice) and they burnt to a crisp (twice). V annoying. xx

daisychain said...

thank you so much for the gorgeous card! x

Dawn said...

Just love that little felt coat and tree - so different!

verykerryberry said...

Beautiful make from Alicia's pattern, the little coat is lovely!

Country Rabbit said...

so many wonderful makes and giftys and swapsies! so much loveliness x
that little red coat reminds me of my daughters first coat from monsoon in that felt red and little stitches and buttons!- i treasure it! x

Scented Sweetpeas said...

Love your creations, especially that gorgeous felt coat !

MyBrotherAddictionAndMe said...

Oh love the dried orange arrangement! Hadn't thought of using the radiator instead of the oven I will have to give that a go! Also love the felt decorations must pop over to the link you put up and have a look xxx

Unknown said...

You are such a bloody good girl! I need to get my finger out x

Claire said...

What a lovely Christmassy post. And those felt goodies are not an 'attempt' at all, they are a triumph, such beautiful stitching x

Barri-Jayne said...

Wow, your coat and tree are amazing!!!

Love the dried orange and clove slices and the cinnamon sticks, very pretty. I'll have to try that out xx

Sarah said...

Ooooh, love the felt decorations, they're gorgeous!!

You did the right thing drying your orange slices on the radiator, I put mine in the oven on low and when they came out they were mostly black!!

S x

Pene said...

Okay could you get any more talented?? Your putting us all to shame they are all GORGEOUS!
Big Hugs
Pene x

VintageVicki said...

I keep seeing those coats appearing on blogs - they are lovely :) Like the idea of drying oranges over the raditors - bet it makes everything smell festive :)

♥ Miss Tea said...

oooh i'm soo drooling over your coat ornament from felt! would love to try and make one, it's adorable! your spiced orange slices with cinnamon look awesome! i love your blog! so many cute things!

x susan

Anonymous said...

ooooo I love cross stitched christmas cards :-D