Monday 15 November 2010

Uncommon Crochet

I blogged about this book a while back Uncommon Crochet, and picked it up earlier this week to find a simple make for some string that I picked up from B&M Bargains this week (4 balls for £1).


I made this little container, isn't it sweet ~ I think these might make nice little gift boxes for Christmas or birthdays for smaller bits of jewellery and this used about 1/3 of a ball of string - so apart from my time it cost me about 33p (and sore fingers).

When finished it was the exact right size to hold a ball of string, my husband was staring at me and finally exclaimed - "tell me you haven't just made a box out of string to hold string?!?!", he is very observant :)


I have been making some wrist warmers too, I am rather proud of these, I made them from scratch using my own pattern (that I made up as I went along :) ) and I am rather pleased with how they turned out, the yarn is quite autumnal too, I have a few balls left so might attempt a matching scarf.



Em, still not Christmas makes are they? Well the boxes are I guess, well kind of, by proxy... mmm must get cracking...

~ ♥ Back Soon ♥ ~


15 comments:

Jackie said...

Love those wrist warmers - the colours are cosy and warm looking! Love the string box too - you are clever!

Thank you again for our parcel - you naughty girl!! x

Anonymous said...

Love the wrist warmers - your talents are endless. Note to self - learn to crochet!xx

Alex said...

They look like they'd make a lovely Christmas present. That is, if you can bear to part with them (don't think I could!)

I am totally smitten with the string box. It's such a fab size and so cute! I wonder if you could dye the string before making it and do different coloured ones? Or would it be easier to just make it out of yarn? I know nothing about crochet - perhaps it wouldn't stand up if it was made of yarn?

Vix said...

Loving both the box and the wrist warmers. I'm so envious of your creations, I've tried so many times to crochet but I'm too hand-fisted and clumsy. xxx

Tracy said...

The wrist warmers look great i love the colours and the idea of a box for string made of string!!!!

Serenata said...

Gorgeous wrist warmers and I do like your little string box! Doesn't matter if they aren't quite Christmas makes...you are working on your creativity!

Amy (Blighty Boutique) said...

Love the wrist warmers and the box! You're very clever x

♥ emma bear forever ♥ said...

What a fantastic little box and just made from string :0) very clever.

Love the hand warmers ~ is the yarn Sirdar Crofter? x

VintageVicki said...

I wish I could grasp crochet :)

Those little boxes would be perfect for christmas pressies with something little & pretty inside.

daisychain said...

please start making/selling wristwarmers!

Alexandra said...

I love your wristwarmers and your string box, they are wonderful xxx

Linda said...

I love these makes especially the wristwarmers. xxx

giddynici said...

That sounds like something my husband would say as well.

The wristwarmers and delightful! x

Unknown said...

Thank you for my birthday card darling - the doggie is just like my handsome boy Alfie!

Those wrist warmers are gorgeous - I am a huge fan of them and have bought 3 pairs for this winter!

Hello Naka said...

oh wow i love your arm warmers ^^ i wish I could read crochetpatterns!