Thursday 25 November 2010

More Christmas Makes

Well I have been knitting for England this last week or so, knocking up scarves and facecloths like a good un ~ they are all gifts for Christmas or Birthdays so I feel like I am making a little progress. It's rather rude of people to have birthdays in December I think (I have 8 and a Wedding Anniversary)~ although some of the best people do; mine is 1 week before Christmas (imagine how much that annoys everyone) and my best friend's is New Years Eve.

Anyhoo, here is the finished cream scarf - it's chunky and toasty and I could keep it but I don't have time to make another, my boy was quite taken with it he gets excited at my little makes and tries everything on.


Still on the subject of makes for Christmas are these beaded snowflakes.


I made these from my stash of beads, I got some lovely crackle glaze beads and mixed em up with what I had and I think they turned out quite nice, very traditional colours. Actually I just noticed looking at them in the photo they look like skewered grapes!

I added one to the middle of my rag wreath.

I got this idea from Jacqui over at Bunny Mummy, she kindly did a tutorial and she is having a rag wreath giveaway (ends 28th Nov) so pop over and have a look ~ (thanks Jacqui) it's miles better than my feeble attempt.
I used some green gingham, some Christmas fabric I picked up earlier in the year at the charity shop (I think it was supposed to be a table cloth but it was a queer size), and some red gingham ribbon from my stash. I didn't have any garden wire but I found some size 8 jewellery wire and I used that instead. If I sneeze near it, it looses it's shape so next one will have to be stronger wire, but it will do for my first attempt I think.
In the spirit of Christmas I think I will have to do a little Christmas Giveaway, I'll have a think of what to add and will post it soon.

~ ♥ Back Soon ♥ ~


27 comments:

Anonymous said...

I simply love everything! The scarf looks super-cosy, the stars are pretty, and the wreath is really effective. Were the stars complicated? I have a garland on my stairs and had hoped to crochet some stars for it, but as I still can't crochet I am going to have to try an alternative.xx

Vix said...

You are such a homemade wonder! The wreath and the stars are so pretty and Thomas looks adorable in his snuggly scarf. I don't know how you manage it. xxx

Helga said...

Ha,my b'day is early Jan,and people rarely remember cos of the post xmas trauma!!
My,you've been a busy lady!That scarf is amazing!!So special to give handmade gifts,I think they are much more appreciated and have more meaning.You've still got another month of crafting,baby!! Go for it!!
xx

char said...

Oh the scarf looks brilliant, just like so many of the things in Accessorize etc recently!
And the rag wreath is rather lovely, just don't let anyone near it and that will preserve it's shape ;) xx

Bethany said...

I love your makes!!!
I'm almost done my rag wreath--but Bunny Mummy's puts mine to shame too :)

Pene said...

Oh love the scarf I wish someone would knit me one as I can't do fancy knitting!!
Back to my sewing
Hugs Pene x

♥ emma bear forever ♥ said...

Love your decorations the beads look dazzling, can just picture them on a tree with the lights twinkling.

The scarf is sooooo snuggly looking, lots in the shops like this with an oooouch price tag :0) x

Alex said...

Ooh the scarf looks wonderful! How cute is Thomas please?

The beaded snowflakes are so pretty - love the mixture of colours and they look rather spectacular in the middle of that fab wreath.

daisychain said...

I love the scarf, and your Son is a right cutie!

Pootle said...

Love your beads and I want a scarf like that!! Your son is a wee cutie!! x

Unknown said...

I love the scarf, how clever to plait it!

Thanks for the link to the tute - I fancy making one of those rag wreaths - you bejewelled snowflake looks fab in the middle!

Ali said...

love the scarf xx

LaaLaa said...

The scarf looks great, lovely. Beautifully modelled by Thomas too. Mine is coming on well too. Half way there! xxx

Linda said...

Hi Kandi - the Matalan in Gateshead with the clearance department is the one just down from the Civic Centre - they have absolutely loads of stuff. I love all your makes especially the scarf, I'm quite envious as I can't knit, may have to have a go at a fabric wreath though. xxx

Unknown said...

Kandi - your scarf is fantastic!
Dx

PepPop said...

You've been very busy, my favourites have to be the snowflakes - brilliant! Jaqui x

Northern Hi-Lights said...

I love your scarf! My boys won't wear anything I make!!

Amy (Blighty Boutique) said...

Fab makes! I'm going to try my hand at a rag wreath before christmas x

Lucy in the Clouds said...

Is that your son? What a cutie! When I have children I'm going to make them wear glasses even if they don't need them! :) Love the beady snowflakes! x

Just Luverly said...

Love your rag wreath, If you can get your hands on wire coat hangers they make good bases for the wreaths....complete with a hook for hanging!

Serenata said...

I love all the things you have been making. You are doing well! The 'skewered grape' snowflakes are great and perfect colours for Christmas.

Jackie said...

Wow - you've been busy. The scarf looks lovely - I can't believe you've made it already! Nicely modelled Thomas!!
Love all your makes, as always - you clever girl! Have a lovely weekend xx

Sarah said...

You have been busy, the snowflakes are very pretty xx

kim said...

Thomas looks very "sheepish" in the scarf, sorry couldn't resist. Lovely thick warm winter white scarf and lots of pretty festive makes to enjoy.
florrie x

giddynici said...

The cream scarf turned out just as wonderful as the coloured one. Fab rag wreath! x

Adorngirl said...

wow the scarf looks really wonderful, to be able to knit is such a skill. I try to learn, and start, and stop but this has inspired me to finish something through.

lemonade kitty said...

ooooh we've got that much snow too!! Love the scarf it looks so warm and snuggly and the snowflakes would look lovely on my tree, lucey xx