Friday 12 November 2010

Crochet Hook Rolls


This is an idea I adapted from the Crayon Rolls that I have seen around it's a crochet hook roll. This was mega simple to make I simply took the dimensions of my hooks and added a bit at the bottom and the top, just enough so that the measurement on the hook was not obscured. This is my little drawing from my little black book that I carry everywhere with me, it's full of ideas and little sketches and pattern instructions:

Please forgive the imperial meaurements as a Q.S. everything at work is in metric but for sewing and knitting I always work in imperial.

And here is what came of it:

This brown one is my favourite - I just love brown and pink together.


These were so quick and easy to make the bit that took the longest was sewing in all the ends of the cotton, now back to tackle the Chrismas makes ... eek, I am running out of time!

~ ♥ Back Soon ♥ ~

10 comments:

Jackie said...

No, don't panic - you've got ages yet ;-)
Love the rolls - my fav is the brown one too. You are clever - I never know what you're going to make next! Have a lovely weekend xx

Alex said...

There's tons of time still! I haven't even started my Christmas crafts yet - am packing lots of stuff up to take on holiday with me :)

I almost wish I crocheted, just so I could beg you to make me one of the rolls! The first one is SO pretty - love the fabric.

Serenata said...

I love my crochet roll, it was one of the first things I made...you've reminded me how great they are to make, so I should make some more.

♥ emma bear forever ♥ said...

There lovely Kandi...my fave is the one with the purple ribbon x

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Fabulous idea, Kandi. They're lovely.

VintageVicki said...

Very cute :)

If I ever master crochet I'll have to find this post and attempt to make one for myself!!

Craft fair this weekend and then christmas makes start in seriousness on Sunday!!

kim said...

They are so pretty, I should think about making one, I'm always loosing my crochet hooks.

Magic Bean said...

Hullooo. Thanks for lovely comments over on MagicBeans. Fingers didn't ache but I should maybe book an eye test...

Wish I could master the complexities of crochet but I have enough going on in my small head to remember!

Have a lovely weekend, Ax

Anonymous said...

I live in hope of learning to crochet, so maybe if I make one it might spur me on? Your makes are always fab. xx

Linda said...

They are lovely - but you are so right Christmas is gathering speed and on a colision course as we speak - so little time - so much to make - eek!!! xxx