Sunday 21 November 2010

Completed Scarf and Christmas Excitement

Well, I finished my scarf here it is, it's not easy to photograph a long scarf but here we go:

I am a good way through the cream one and it's lovely, there is fluff on everything I wear whilst knitting it.

I think this might make a nice pressie for my Niece who is 19, lovely Linda from Hookin' with LaaLaa pointed out that there are similar scarves to this currenly in Accessorize for about £20.

I ordered some new labels to sew into my handmade makes, I don't want all of my family to know about my blog, not sure why really, but it's my little place and many of them are not 'into' the same things I am and I am not ready to expose myself to them all yet, does that make sense or am I coming across as a bit of a paranoid nutter?

Anyhoo the labels I have are Kandipandi ones so these ones are mainly for family makes, this is them; they are from Woven Labels UK and I have spent a couple of hours this morning sewing them into my little makes that I plan to give for Christmas.

I'm getting right into the swing of Christmas now.
I have booked a day off work just to go into town to do my shopping and see Fenwicks Christmas Window Display, this is a North East thing you can see last year's photos here, they really go all out and you can hardly get near for little kids faces pressed up against the glass, magical!

Still on the subject of Christmas the fabulous Annie the Felt Fairy put me onto these little beauties in Wilkinson, I'm not a dog person as such (I'm badly allergic to em :( ) but I do love doggie bits and bobs:

80p each - you can't fall out with the price. They are rather CK esque without the CK price. They had some other nice bits in too I picked these up:

And whilst scouring the Charity Shops I got some of my Christmas Cards, I had bought a load in the Barnardos sale last January but I can't fine em anywhere, I am convinced that they will turn up now I have bought these.

I was scouring the charity shops for something bright to wear next friday at work, its a charity day for Brake - from their site 'Brake exists to stop the 6 deaths and 62 serious injuries that happen on UK roads every day and to care for families bereaved and seriously injured in road crashes. '
Unfortunatley in the business in which I work; several of our colleagues have been injured or killed so we are doing our bit. The shameful thing is when I opened my wardrobe I had nothing bright to wear so went on the hunt, I have not found anything yet, I will have to think of something by Friday.

~ ♥ Back Soon ♥ ~

21 comments:

Pootle said...

Lovely makes Kandi. They look lovely and cosy!! xx p.s I know where you are coming from re the blog thing. My family all know about mine but I wont let on to anyone at work about it. Cant explain it - just dont want them to look at it!! (maybe we are both nutters!!)

Amy (Blighty Boutique) said...

You finished scarf's fab. My mum's the felt fairy and we've been back to Wilkinson's this weekend to buy even more doggie decorations x

bibbitybob said...

Your scarves are looking fab! I don't think you sound nutty not wanting family to know about your blog...I'm exactly the same. My OH mentioned it to my Dad today and I had to really refrain myself from having a mini freak out!! x

Unknown said...

Snap! I bought the wooden lattice hearts too!

The scarves are amazing - you must be a good knitter - the recipients are very lucky!

- said...

Fantastic scarves. Seeing your little labels has inspired me to get some of my own. They really add to the personal gift as well. Thanks!

Irina said...

amazing scarfs! beautiful work! I love the labels... I think I'll start doing something similar and order some personalized ones too

daisychain said...

Wow those scarves are amazing girl.

pamela said...

Lovely bit of knitting that, well done;) Thanks for showing the labels too. I've been on the lookout for a good supplier myself so I'm taking your recommendation and placing my orders tonight ( I also have two separate logos for similar reasons).
have a good day on the Toon;)- am going to Leeds myself, with a coach full of pensioners!
pamela x

verykerryberry said...

Fast knitting! Beautiful scarves. I get the family thing and blogs- it is an odd combination x

Vix said...

You've done a great job on those scarves, the recipients are going to be thrilled.
The Brake Day sounds a great idea, can't wait to see what you wear. xxx

Hazel said...

Dont worry, I don't share my blog with friends or family. My friends really really aren't into this sort of thing at all, and my family, well im not too close with them so for me, its too personal to share with people who I'm not personal with in real life. So no, you dont sound crazy at all :)

kim said...

Fantastically beautiful scarves and wristwarmers, you finished them just in time for this weeks expected cold weather.
florrie x

LaaLaa said...

Lovely scarves! xx

Bethany said...

Those scarves are delicious!
I understand about the blog secrecy--only some in my family know I have one. Certain people might say "Why did you write this?" or something like that--I don't need to explain myself so I just keep it quiet...

Clobelle said...

Your scarf is fantastic! I love the colours in both x

If you're finding the fluff a bit much some people suggest that for both natural and artificial fibres a quick trip to the fridge can help.

I also don't share my blogging with too many family members - they really wouldn't get it!

Alex said...

The scarves are gorgeous - much nicer than any of the overpriced stuff they're flogging in Accessorize at the moment!

Diary of a Young Designer said...

The scarves are just gorgeous dear!

xo
Sophie

Dawn said...

Gorgeous scarfs - much nicer than Accessorize too!

Delchick42 said...

Hello. I'm Cheryl. I really enjoyed reading your blog. Your completed scarf and mittens are so pretty and what a great gift idea. I totally understand about filling in the family on your blog. Afterall, it is a way to escape life for a while now isn't it? Your own private getaway. The dogs are just adorable. I want to make them myself! Thanks for the post and the ideas.

Cheryl My Own Snug Fireside

giddynici said...

Those scarves are fabulous and as someone pointed out to you they would be a pretty penny in the shops. Definitely a great gift.

Not paranoid at all. I think many bloggers are like that, I know I am.

I LOVE a good Christmas window. 2 years ago I was down in London in December and was amazed at all the windows. Breathtaking. If I have some pics I'll post them. Make sure and take a picture of this years Fenwicks one to show us.

x

Sonum said...

I adore the first scarf, so cute!