Tuesday 22 June 2010

Sew Hip and Recycled Needle Case

I really enjoy getting the Sew Hip magazine, I love how it is great for all levels and is not crammed full of clothes only, and you get a pattern sheet for all of the makes inside. If you don't already get it, it is well worth a look it is published monthly by Kalmedia and is £3.99.

In the July magazine there was a pattern and instructions to make this little origami needle case.

I cut up the fabric I had left over from a Boden top I bought from a charity shop a while back to make these cases.

The pattern is provided for these, I traced it onto greaseproof paper so that I didn't have to spoil the pattern.


Here they are almost done.

And voila, with felt insides and a little embellishment to the front, my little origami needle cases.



They were really quick and easy to make so I make a few whilst the iron was out!

~ ♥ Back Soon ♥ ~

21 comments:

Bethany said...

They're really adorable! I love your fabric choice.

Vix said...

How sweet! As I'm going through a sewing frenzy moment I'll have to check this magazine out soon.
Vix
xxx

Jackie said...

They're lovely - and I love the fabric - really bright and cheery! x

Is it just me or....? said...

Hi Kandi, the author of that pattern has her own blog... http://indigo-blue-designs.blogspot.com/

Sarah x

Pootle said...

They are lovely Kandi and thanks for the tip re Sew Hip. I was getting Sew for a while but thought it was pretty poor TBH. Will try this one instead I think. - PootleFlump x

(p.s Is it just me... thanks for the blog link!)

Kandi said...

Thanks for the link, her blog is lovely! Another for the list.
Kandi x

Dana said...

great Kandi really cute case x

Helga said...

Gorgeous!The fabric you've used is really pretty!

Amanda Makes said...

These are gorgeous! I love the way you always make a few. I need to follow your example. Lots of love, Amanda xxx

clare said...

these are gorgeous hun..love the fabric and the little gem touch!
i got this mag..ive had a read thou it but thats about it...lol just wish there was more hours in the day!
TFS Clare x Weekend Crafter

Indigo Blue said...

Hi Kandi,
Many thanks for visiting my blog today and for the nice things that you said about it. Glad you liked the needlecase design, they are fun to make!
Best wishes
x

Josie-Mary said...

Lovely! I've brought that mag before but it just sits on the side, never get around to making anything! :)

jane p said...

It's cute. But do people actually use needle cases?

Kandi said...

Jane, I do! I love them, I have one in my sewing box and one that lives with my sewing machine and one for my sewing tin that travels with me.
Kandi x

LaaLaa said...

Lovely cases Kandi! I love that mag too. I get it every month. There's always at least one lovely item I want to make. Lynda xx

Dawn said...

I sometimes buy Sew Hip - it has some great little ideas in. Your needlecases look lovely.

Lucy in the Clouds said...

I'd never have thought to cut up fabric with such a big print into such small pieces but it looks really effective! :)

Anonymous said...

Wowee those cases are gorgeous!
I've never bought that magazine before but I'll start straight away!!
Em xx

hart44 said...

Very pretty Kandi :) I love the fabric. I will have to look out for the magazine :) Ive not seen that one before.

My Grannies Attic said...

They are lovely Kandi!!!! Must go and have a look at the magazine.

Kerry xxxx

Maria - A Playful Stitch said...

Gorgeous fabric - lovely colours!