Saturday 12 June 2010

Quick Little Cath Kidston Fabric Make

During an online discussion with the lovely Sue last week I got to thinking about how to protect fabric and I was wondering if it could be laminated.

I envisaged that it might well catch fire but I tried it anyway, and it worked!

I had some scraps of Cath Kidston cotton duck left over from the spare handle from the Sew Bag I made, I chopped them up and laminated them.

I added some ribbons and some of my beloved buttons and lo and behold my CK Bookmarks:


p.s that is one of my favourite books it was a gift from a friend 12 years ago and it is still in my top 10, when I am looking for something to read it's the book I pick up the most.

p.s. I have just noticed that every post this week has in some way been related to Cath Kidston, you would think I was on commission, but I promise I'm not I just love her stuff!

Back Soon ♥

15 comments:

My Grannies Attic said...

Love the bookmarks - what a great idea.

I love CK too!!!! Just been a purchased a hankie, a strawberry notebook and pencil case form the Marylebone High Street Store.
Kerry xxxx

mirrymirry said...

WoW!!! they look totally fantastic....what terrific ideas you have. i think they're adoooorable! :0))
x

Perfect Balance Marketing said...

You clever thing - and brave. I'd be too scared I'd destroy the laminator (or, more importantly, the fabric...). Great idea. And you can never have too much CK so I look forward to more floral posts :o) Lucy xox

Dawn said...

Clever idea! They look good, too.

Dana said...

great idea for the bookmarks, they are lovely. lol with the CK! Its funny how we notice our own little style. I have noticed that most of things iv made on my blog so far are blue and pink!

Amanda Makes said...

What a good idea! I love that wiggley cutter! Where do you get those? Lots of love, Amanda xxx

Kandi said...

Amanda, that cutter is just an interchangeable blade that I got with my rotary cutter, I love it and use it quite often.
Kandi x

Nicky Stevenson said...

Those bookmarks are great Kandi. Wouldn't have thought of putting fabric in the laminator, thanks for trying it out for us! (Was the fire extinguisher at the ready?) Lovely finished effect with the buttons too. Nicky x

dizzytina said...

Wow they look very effective Kandi you are so clever. I'm off to get my laminator out now :-)x

Sarah said...

They look fab, what a good idea xx

Vix said...

They are gorgeous! What a great idea.
Vix
xxx

LadyBugSays ... said...

Fab idea! And a super pretty one!

jane p said...

You know what I was thinking? Luggage tags!

Kandi said...

Oohh, good idea Jane thanks x

Irina said...

This is such a great idea! I make bookmarks, but it never crossed my mind to laminate fabric... I will try it! thank you!