Friday 16 May 2014

Artisan Apron

Over the Easter weekend I made this ‘pinny’ for a friend who was on the lookout for one of these.  I found a lovely pattern by Janet Clare and bought a pile of linen and this is the result.

It is such an easy pattern to follow, it is fully lined in cotton too, not a raw seam in sight.



It is embellished with little liberty fabric flowers paper pieced together as hexies and a liberty patch pocket.



  The name tag is on a brooch back so it can be removed. I am glad to say it was very well received.

Although it is plain I think I like the back best of all.


I can see me sporting one of these I have added it to my (ever growing) list of things I need to make.

Back Soon


10 comments:

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Oh it's gorgeous. Love the hexxie flower embellishments. I've still got in my bookmarks your fabulous and easy to follow hexxie making tutorial. One day I need to make my own! xx

Gilly Tee said...

Lucky Linda, it's fab.
Gillx

Jille said...

I love this! It is on my to do list! Jille xx

lemonade kitty said...

Absolutely lovely, maybe you should go into business and then we could all have one!! X

Wendy said...

fab apron! It could be a dress!

thesnailgarden said...

Beautiful with such lovely details. ๐Ÿ’• Something's else to add to my to-do list. Best wishes, Pj x

Amanda Makes said...

Hello Lisa! I just found you again! I hope all's well with you. Love the apron xxx

Carol said...

Beautiful. I have the pattern, I have the fabric just need to get myself organised!
Carol xx

LaaLaa said...

I LOVE my apron, thank you so much honey pie! You do look after me. I've been wearing it every weekend while I've been tinkering in my craft room. Love it and love you! Xxx

Chris said...

Hi Kandi, the apron is gorgeous. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris