Saturday 10 May 2014

Miss Maggie

I recently received a parcel of goodies from a dear friend and one of the items had me swooning.

Meet Miss Maggie, an Alicia Paulson design.  This delightful creature was handmade for me by my lovely Lynda and I love her.  Miss Maggie has been on my long list of things to make for an age, I have the patterns ready to go but now I can just accessorise her.

As a kid the only clothes I had for my beloved Sindy doll were the ones she came with all other clothes were handmade by me.  I vividly remember cutting a big square out of my candlewick bed spread to make Sindy a rather gorgeous towelling bathrobe.  My mother was not so pleased, but to be fair it was the bottom corner.  When Miss Maggie arrived my first instinct was to make her something.

I have added a cotton floral dress, some bloomers and a knitted pink dress to her wardrobe, I feel like a kid again making for my dollies!










I made her an artisan apron too but it is very tricky to do tiny little hems in linen, I need to find something more suitable and try this again.



In the meantime she is a rather well dressed young rabbit and has taken pride of place on my dressing table.


Back Soon


10 comments:

Ali said...

She's gorgeous!!!

Gilly Tee said...

Oh you lucky lucky thing, she is gorgeous.
Gillx

Nezumi said...

Miss Maggie is gorgeous and very well dressed :)

Carol said...

She's a gorgeous rabbit even more fabulous with her brilliant new wardrobe. Carol xx

Jille said...

She is beautiful! Xx

lemonade kitty said...

Oh Lisa she's adorable and I love her blue cardigan it reminds me of Peter rabbit!! xx

Country Rabbit said...

hand made with love what a wonderful rabbit...love all the pretty outfits and bloomers hehe...x

Emma-Jayne said...

Oh she is gorgeous. Isn't Lynda just lovely?
And had to giggle at the blanket cut dress for Sindy. I did the same thing with a pillowcase for my Barbie :)
Xx

char said...

haha, I love the thought of you cutting up your bedspread for Sindy's wardrobe!

Jo said...

I have made her using the pattern on the internet which I bought. The instructions are great. Yours in a beauty. Jo x