Monday 5 May 2014

I've Finished my Cardigan -*fanfare*

Hope you are enjoying your bank holiday today, I am taking the chance to catch up on a few blogs today.  I thought I would pop in and report my progress, I have finished and worn my grey CDA Petite Choses Cardigan.  This was knit in grey rowan alpaca cotton its super soft and toasty warm.  
The garter stitch is what attracted me to it in the first place and I do love it.

I sourced some handmade blackthorn buttons from here and I am rather chuffed that I have a proper garment I can actually wear.  The little handmade tag is a small length of cotton ribbon, as it's creation spanned a couple of months the date is a season rather than an actual date (I'm slow).

I found this sweet scarf pattern in Cute & Easy Knitting by Fiona Goble and as it was one ball and I had one ball left over I made a matching scarf.
It's a bit much with the cardigan on too I think but it is sweet nonetheless.
Not one to sit on my hands, I am on with another knit now my Whippoorwill Shawl.  
It's very slow going but I am loving the colour changes that happen with the Kauni rainbow yarn.  I will be back soon to report progress.

6 comments:

Ali said...

Toot toot (thats my fanfare lol) love them both!!! xx

Unknown said...

I love both of them. I`m always attracted to garter stitch patterns for my daughter and I as I think its a more rustic look if you get what I mean!
Px

Maria - A Playful Stitch said...

That cardigan looks so good - love it! Maria x

daisychain said...

Impressed, very impressed! x

Emma-Jayne said...

Very nice... the blackthorn buttons look gorgeous on the cardi. x

Jo said...

Very wearable with allsorts of outfits. What a great knit, I like the necker too. Jo x