Tuesday, 31 May 2011

Felty Brooch Makes

I'm just gonna sneak in here and get my May Monthly Makes in on the last day of the month!

I've been doing a bit of hand sewing this week or so and that included these little pretties.  I have a thing for brooches, and as soon as I made these I added the trusty brooch backs to them.

Using felt in what I would describe as 'Ice Cream' colours these just made me smile.  

I have given these ones all away now, I meant to keep one for myself, I'll have to get the felt back out.

Another little make was this bunting and cushion.  A friend at work asked about how best to make bunting so I offered my services.  It was a pleasure making pretty pink stuff for a little girl's bedroom with four boys it's something I've never had the chance to do.


 


I was given the fabric left over from the bedroom curtains and I made this double sided bunting.


Everywhere looks better with bunting I think!


The way I cut the fabric to try to get a decent pattern on each flag didn't leave much fabric but I was able to salvage some squares so I made a patchwork cushion to match.


As I am cushion mad I will enter this as my May Monthly Make.

~ ♥ Back Soon ♥ ~

19 comments:

B............... said...

The bunting and cushion are so pretty, wish Jess was still into stuff like this.
Love the brooches!

B xxx

Lucy said...

Ahh lovely, I bet she was over the moon with it! Cute brooches too :)

Callie @ MuMu and Squeak's Place said...

I love those brooches! I always wear a brooch to work! At the moment its to 2 from Beki! :o)

C x

LaaLaa said...

Those brooches are beautiful! You're so clever. I don't know where you find the time, honey! I think your kids are all out working down't pit while you're doing all this gorgeous crafting. xxxx

Dazie said...

Gorgeous makes the broaches are gorgeous!
Dazie
x

Betty said...

I love your brooches, they are really sweet. You have been a busy bee.

Catherine said...

Oooooh! Very, very pretty! Cx

The Patchwork Heart said...

Just love those brooches you are so clever!
By the way I must say I am having so much pleasure from all the goodies I won in your last giveaway, thanks again!
Heather x

Irina said...

I love the bunting and the cushion, really lovely!

Annaboo said...

Have recently made my first lot of bunting and am hooked!
Your's looks brill. Lovely cushion too.
Xx

Dinki Dots said...

Love it all - the bunting and cushion are gorgeous - and I love those heart brooches! You definitely need to make one for yourself! Maria x

Jackie said...

Your bunting and brooches are just so pretty Kandi - you must make sure you keep one for yourself! Oh, and please pretty please put some brooches in your shop - I am soooo tempted! The colours are just yummy! xx

Indie.Tea said...

Those are pretty! And they do look like a vintage ice cream in terms of colors. I adore the bunting and the pillows - so lovely.

bibbitybob said...

Lovely makes, such pretty colours! x

LadyBugSays ... said...

The bunting is so pretty :) I want some in my room!

Pink Poppy said...

Ooo Kandi lovely brooches I love the pretty felt colours. I adore the bunting and cushion too. You are so talented.
Dx

Annie xx TheFeltFairy said...

They are really gorgeous, I love the colours and fabrics you have used! x

Vintage Vixen said...

You use such pretty fabrics and colours. I love the bunting and that cute cushion. xxx

LissyLou said...

i really love the pretty brooches x