Sunday 13 May 2012

Seaside Make

I wanted to pop in today to share this little re-vamp.  A friend at work kindly gave this to me, it's a mobile phone holder for my desk. 
I love it, I love anything seaside related and a mini deckchair just about made my day.

I whisked it home and gave it a little makeover with a new fabric seat and a little bow and button embellishment.

It looks right pretty on my crafty shelves in my hobbit hole and now I have a place to stash my phone.  I am a big fan of audiobooks and I can while away many hours sewing, engrossed in my stories.

My phone usually lives in my bra, I shove it in there all the time as most of my clothes are without pockets and I like to keep it close to hand.  Now when I am in my cupboard my phone gets it's own special place not suffocated by my bosom!

Keeping with the seaside theme, I bought myself a little treat this week 'Wish You Were Here' handbag, all sea sidey and summery!  


We just need some sun now, COME ON SUN!

Back soon x

14 comments:

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Love the phone holder makeover - lovely!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

somewhere on the avenue said...

Love the mini deck chair for your phone. I must be hard to pull yourself away from the Hobbit Hole now! xx

LaaLaa said...

It's lovely! Aw! I can see my angel pic in the reflection too. Sweet. xx

Caroline said...

Lovely idea.

C
xxx

lemonade kitty said...

I saw that gorgeous seasidey bag in CK a couple of weeks ago and I sooooo wanted it, Lucey xx

Sew,ray,me said...

Oh you *have* treated yourself with your new bag! I hope you get some nice sea-sidey weather to go with it :)

Isn't it great that we have the skills to 'pimp' things up that just need a new, pretty piece of fabric? Love your little deck chair, so cute!

Unknown said...

I loved that CK bag when I saw it in the catalogue.
Dx

Annaboo's House said...

Very sweet little deckchair- clever!
And you can't beat a summery CK bag, can you?!
Enjoy your week.
Xx

Crafty Helen said...

We had a sunny day - just in time for your summery bag! x

Nicky Stevenson said...

Love the phone chair, looks great with its revamp. The weather is getting better too, yay! x

cupcakejojo said...

This really made me smile....love it!

Jo x x

Unknown said...

Wow! I love it! What a great makeover darling xxx

Crafty Helen said...

Hi Kandi - thanks so much for your lovely comment. I mentioned it to Husband who pointed out that I'd like your crafty cupboard, and you'd like my garden "See - it just goes to show that you can't have it all"! He does, occasionally have something sensible to say....X

Anonymous said...

I love what you have done with the deck chair, beautiful fabric. And do I spy a crochet coaster under there too?
Em x