Wednesday 30 May 2012

Pottering...

I have been pottering in terms of making things.  I don't have any big makes in the pipeline I seem to be flitting between crochet and cross stitch.  I was a bit relieved to be asked to make a bracelet for a friend recently, it was a nice change to get the beading stuff out again.

I made a couple of tigertail glass beaded bracelets and I was quite pleased with them both.  

Now they are with the recipients I am able to show them here.
Another little make was this pink cross stitch on pink evenweave.
I bought this frame from Laura Ashley in the new year sale last year and it has sat there for over a year just waiting!  

Shocking really, it only took a couple of hours to make this up, why do I put stuff off for so long, do you do that too?


I will have to get my make on for June as I am Miss June for the Monthly Make over at Annie the Felt Fairy's place. I feel like I should wear a sash and a tiara (I just might)!




Pop over and play, I will give regular updates on all the wonderful makes as the month progresses. You can find the flickr group here.

Back Soon x

13 comments:

LaaLaa said...

Thos bracelets are gorgeous. I love the silver swallows. Beautiful. The cross stitch pic is gorgeous too. Yes, I put stuff off too. Don't know why. I had been putting something off for ages so just bit the bullet last night and did it. It only took 2 hours and is lovely. There's no hope. xxx

Bethany said...

Your bracelets are so cute!! I especially like the second one!

Tangled Sweetpea said...

Just wanted to say 'hi'! I'm one of your newer followers. Those bracelets are gorgeous - very summery looking too!
Victoria xx

Ali said...

Lovely makes xxx

Caroline said...

I've been knitting a lot recently (making a blanket so its taking forever) but tomorrow I'm restyling a necklace.

Your bracelets are really pretty.

C
xxx

carole johnston said...

We all do the same I think,with a recent health scare I am getting all my unfinished bits finished..not many to go at last I am on track... I did not want the family going through things and saying WHAT!!! lol

somewhere on the avenue said...

I think you should wear a tiara as it's a Royal "June" :) Your makes are lovely as always, I skip from one craft to another and can never decide what I want to do. I really have to push myself to stick with one thing and try to do it well :)

Anonymous said...

Love the colours of your bracelets and your little cross-stitch.

Barri-Jayne said...

Your bracelets are gorgeous, especially the first one. The cross stitching in frames are lovely.

Barrina x

Crafty Helen said...

May I have a tiara too? I would be happy to wear it as 'Queen of Procrastination'! XX

Kezzie said...

Wow, your bracelets are gorgeous! I've seen your name on so many blogs and somehow I haven't visited, it's lovely to 'meet' you at last! I will try to post to the Flickr group at some point, but here is my make for June so far...
http://kerenzaallin-garner.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/jubileh-cards.html

Hope you are having a lovely day!

Kezzie said...

Hi! That's fine to use the images etc! x

famfa said...

Your bracelets are gorgeous and love your little cross stitch x