Wednesday 26 October 2011

Little Triumphs

A friend at work has started quilting and came to ask me some advice about sewing as I sew right?



Well I was baffled.

Between us we were confused, pinned it, unpinned it, sewed it, unpicked it and then got mad!

I thought I would look into paper piecing and knew where to start for help, I went to Kerry's blog and followed her advice and tutorial and links and by George I got it!




Finally...


It might not look much to you but it was a mini triumph for me.  I have looked on in awe at the beautiful quilts and paper pieced blocks in blogland and in Pinterest and now it's something I feel is in my grasp.


Thanks Kerry Mmmwwaahhh!

I am partaking in a workshop this weekend to make a start in quilting and I feel like this could be a new little obsession for me.  I'll let you know how I get on...

~ ♥ Back Soon ♥ ~ 

3 comments:

LaaLaa said...

Oooh, I'm in awe! I have always loved looking on in admiration at other peoples' quilts but I just know that it's beyond me. Well done! Can't wait to see what you do at the weekend. xxx

Unknown said...

aawww thats fab well done you ;-)) Its a great feeling when it finely comes together. Enjoy the workshop. dee x

verykerryberry said...

It is such a nifty technique although a little counter intuitive- proud you saw it at my blog x