Well, now I'm mobile once again I have been sewing and turned my tapestry into a cushion.
I do love this, I bought the kit on a wonderful day out with my two friends Lynda and Beki, and I spent many hours chilled out over the Christmas period sewing this. My back pain kicked in just after Christmas so this was a welcome 'sat still' distraction.
In total I think the tapestry took about 50-60 hours and it took about half an hour to turn it into a cushion.
I snaffled up some cotton duck in the Cath Kidston online sale and used that as my backing.
Generally when I make cushions I always add a zip and I have never made an envelope style cushion I thought it was a cop out for people scared of zips, but I'm a convert, it's just fine.
I did try a few variations and it seems a 4" overlap is what works best for me. So simple to do, this will half the time it takes me to make any future cushions.
I would like to enter this as my Monthly Make for January 2012, I have popped a photo over in the Flickr file.
~ ♥ Back Soon ♥ ~