Monday 7 November 2011

A New Obsession?

What another one you say?


Well, I spent a lovely day at Just Quilting a couple of weeks ago and took part in a mini quilting workshop.



  Even though I have sewn for years now I've never quilted and I must say I think I'm hooked.


It was held within the Just Quilting Shop which is a little fabric haven just off the A19 at Killingworth in the North East.  If you are from up this way or even just passing though it's well worth a visit, the owner was so friendly and very talented and helpful to everyone who came in (and she plied us with copious quantities of lovely tea).  


Seeing the things made there and the amazing fabrics on offer I'm itching to get on and make something a bit special.

I now want a new sewing machine, better than the one I have with quilting capabilities and I can see me spending much more time (and money) in this little shop.



I can't show you what I am making (it's still in progress) as it's a gift for a friend who may see it here ;0) but just drink in the photos of the lovely fabrics and cushions and quilts on show.





It's a great little place and you can pop in for the full day or half a day and work on your projects and draw on the years of expertise on hand.  
Hopefully once it's done I can show you my little project ~ maybe nearer Christmas...

~ ♥ Back Soon ♥ ~ 

8 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh you're going to LOVE it!! I absolutely ADORE my sewing machine, but I do want one that's better for quilting (mainly I just want more space between my needle and the body of the machine). One day, perhaps....

LaaLaa said...

It looks lovely. I am so jealous! Can't wait to see what you've made. You're such a tease but I love you! xxx

Dana said...

Yay welcome to the quilting world, I hope you enjoy it as much as me. I love my pfaff QE4 and have a couple of reviews on my blog if you want to nose, its a great machine for the money, I have no doubt that you will be fabulous at it as you seem to be brilliant at everything else you put your mind to :-)

verykerryberry said...

You are well and truly hooked!

Unknown said...

omg! How exciting, I love it when I get the bug for a new thing! Looking forward to seeing your makes!

Beki said...

I'd love to give qyilting a go, I'm always eyeing up the moda packs.
Looking forward to seeing what You've been making.

B xxx

Wendy said...

Oh oh oh! I'm going to the North East tomorrow... my geography of that part of the country is rubbish, I'm going to Beamish, is it near?

Anonymous said...

What a lovely blog you have! Curiosity got the better of me so I googled you and found your great blog. I love the photos you've taken at Just Quilting. It was fantastic to see three of my own designs. I hope we get to meet in person someday at Just Quilting. Patchwork and quilting is very addictive. I hope you carry on enjoying the gentle art of quilt making. X